Monday, October 27, 2014

Bi-Monthy Movie Review: Annabelle

It's that time once again (made it just before Halloween). This time I'm going for the Sequel (of sorts) to the Conjuring, Annabelle.


Of course this refers to the doll that had a small role in the aforementioned movie. Seems that people were intrigued by this character and wanted to see more. So we wind up with an origin story.


I have to say I was slightly disappointed to not have anyone from the original movie (I had expected them to show up at *some* point, at least they did get the obligatory "this is connected to another movie" acknowledgement). But for me, I feel as if this was a good old fashioned horror flick. Oddly enough it is set in the 60's and it feels like it was made in the same time. The sets, the story, and the characters (as well as the actions taken) were all as if I was watching an old school horror film.


Any good horror movie needs some scares (as mentioned in previous BMMR's, I don't really get that scare factor anymore, but I do get a good "jump" in now and then) and this movie had two of them (for me anyways).  While the rest of the movie kept me interested in what was going on to this poor couple.




So, "Should I watch it?", you always ask. I say ONLY if you are a fan of 60's and 70's horror films AND liked the Conjuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment